Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Splash Down!

To get to our house, you will pass Splash Down on the freeway. You can't help but to notice it. 




This is our 3rd summer in Spokane and we finally made it to the water park. I took the girls today because my brother and his family are here from Tacoma and they were going. It was a lot of fun. These pictures were taken at the little kid area because taking pictures on the big slides would have been too difficult. 

Kelsey loved going down the slides. You never know how she's going to react to things that might be a little scary. She couldn't wait to do more until she got water up her nose one time and now she doesn't want anything to do with them. Hopefully she'll get over it before we go to Silverwood in a few days.

This picture came out blurry, but it's the only one I had. Reagan was so psyched to go on the slides. She could hardly stand it and of course, she loved every minute of it. 
Gwyn loves slides, so slides with water was even better. She loved going down the big slides with me and didn't even cry when I accidentally dunked her at the bottom. What a champ! My sister-in-law, Ember, took Gwyn for a little while so I could go down the rides fast. I had to go slow when I went with Gwyn. I also went down the "toilet bowl" ride with Reagan. I don't know what the real name if the ride is, but it's a lot like getting flushed down a toilet, but with clean water, of course. To all my Spokane friends, you know what I'm talking about.
        About 7 pm, it started raining and they closed the park because of lightning. I decided to go to Dairy Queen on the way home. While we were in the drive thru line, a bolt of lightning landed somewhere close to us. It was the loudest crackling sound I ever heard and I felt it "BOOM."  My fingertips on one hand became kind of tingly and sore and my hand felt cold for a good half hour or so afterwards. Weird. Also, it set off the alarms inside the Dairy Queen and knocked out their intercom system. I got everyone a treat and even gave Gwyn a dilly bar. I didn't think it would get too messy because we were about 5 minutes from home. Well, take it from me, dilly bars are not a good idea for babies to eat in a car, especially when the baby doesn't like the outside and only eats the ice cream on the inside. I know... that's a no brainer, but I like to be optimistic.



8 comments:

Travis and Jaqui said...

How fun! I would pay to see the girls faces coming down the slide!

Gina said...

You could always come with us to Silverwood! They have water slides there too.

THE BULLOCK FAMILY said...

That looks like tons of fun!!

Honor said...

now you can say that you were struck by lightening (well ... almost)

Jaquilyn Shumate said...

Definitely! I think we will have to do that!

Holly said...

Isaac only got to go to that water park once while we were there. It was torture for him to drive past it everyday. I think the daily question was, "Can we go to splashdown?".
The lightening thing was crazy. I wonder how close it was too you really. You should have bought a lottery ticket immediately!

The Shumate Family said...

Gina that is crazy about the lightning! It looks like so much fun at the waterpark! I want to come to silverwood too... when are you going Kelsey's birthday again? I will try to sneak over there soon! darn work!

see you soon! scrapbooking here we come!

skye said...

Way super fun! I want a fun water park where I live! Oh wait, I think I have one. Just never been there. :)