Thursday, July 17, 2008

Mom's Retreat Part 2

Incase you were wondering what the rest of the family did while Mom left them for a weekend, let me reassure you that they were ok. Reagan and Kelsey  rode back to Tacoma a couple of days earlier with their Grandma and Grandpa Shumate. They did a lot of this -









































Grandma Shumate took them swimming a couple of times and to the park and they got to play with their cousins and Aunt Jaqui and Uncle Travis. They also got to go to Grandma Marini's house and went to Shari's for dinner, saw Kung Fu Panda, and went swimming in the lake twice with their other cousins. They also went sail boating with Uncle Cory and Aunt Danielle. 










































Their week was full of non-stop fun, and it ended with a plane ride home. This was their first time on a plane. You can see their excitement as the plane starts to take off. 
And poor Matt, was home all by himself. He managed to find something to keep him company. Meet Cinnamon, the newest member of our family. Reagan said she looked like a cinnamon roll when she curls up, so we named her Cinnamon Roll, or Cin (Sin) for short. Although I really want nothing to do with this snake, I'll have to admit, she's a very pretty snake. The girls love her and can't wait for Dad to get home so they can hold it.

Matt earned his snake. When I got home the house was spotless! He even did some yard work while I was gone. He also hooked up the girls' room by putting up shelves and getting them new reading lamps and each a new pen. What a nice surprise. 

1 comment:

Holly said...

Your girls are looking so big. Okay, I'm likin' the snake. My friend had a little boa that size and I loved letting it slither all around my arms and rest on my shoulders. Then it grew big and starting biting, but that's a story in itself. Anyway, call me weird, but I think a small boa is a cool pet.