Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Fourth of July


We didn't really have any plans for the Fourth of July. Matt's dad started looking for the instructions for our play set thing we bought last year. I gladly gave it to him as well as the drill and anything else he needed. Matt and I had spent many hours on it, and it was only half way done. So Matt came out to help and everyone else just hung out in the back yard, eating otter pops and enjoying the weather. Even our cat hung out with us. Did you notice that we were dressed for the occasion? (We are all wearing red shirts.) I found this was the perfect opportunity to do some weeding in our backyard. After a few hours, the project was completed! My summer just got a whole lot better! I'm so thankful that Matt's dad help us build it. And the girls are thankful too! 


3 comments:

Honor said...

We need to get something like that in our yard ... it's nice not to have to always go to the park I bet.

Anonymous said...

We followed Gina's advice and bought one too. It's been great. The only part we didn't do was the little picnic table that goes under the main "fort" section. Seems kinda small and pointless. Wyatt and the neighbors have had some good fun on it. The only gripe I have is it gives me more weed-whacking to do.

-Tim

Sharlene Enloe said...

I love all the matching shirts. They made some great holiday pictures.