Wednesday, June 4, 2008

World Premiere: Team Shumate Logo


Since 2003, the Shumate family, young and old, has participated in the Sound to Narrows race in Tacoma. Whether it's running, walking, or crawling the tough 12K course, the 5K, the 2K, or the diaper dash, we've made it a family tradition. Last year, Matt's mom thought that there was enough of us to have our own logo that we could wear at future Sound to Narrows races. So, this is the logo that Matt designed for Team Shumate to wear at the Sound to Narrows race on June 14th. (Notice that "Grandma" and "Grandpa" make up the head a.k.a. the "head" of the family.) I'm posting this so that family members will be able to see it, as they've been patiently waiting on the edge of their seats. For all you Sound to Narrows racers out there, say "Go Team Shumate!" or something like that if you see someone wearing this shirt. 

8 comments:

Alan and Stella said...

That's a cool logo. We will wear it with pride (but not the bad kind of pride). We were thinking maybe putting sponsor logos on it. Like D&D Mobile Music, Kaiser Homes, mattshu studios, Jaqui's Photography...you get the picture. Are you sure it is not an attempt to get Gina & Reagan's photo on the front page of the Tribune again?

The Shumate Family said...

don't forget dashu design... anyway, really cool logo. I like it. But if mom and dad make up the head of the family... what does it say for the rest of us and our body positions? j/k... I'd love to see what the redesign would be once there are additional members of the family... is that just when the runner becomes obese and we add fat layers on him?
hee, hee... good job Matt. I like it.

BLUEYEDBOYS said...

That's so cool! Go team Shumate!

skye said...

Those shirts are awesome! And I like the idea of sponsors, since you've got quite a few of them.

I'm kind of sad I won't be in town early enough to run the STN. Although, there will still be quite a contingent of Masons running it, we just won't have cool shirts like you. :)

Anonymous said...

I Love the design!! I want to make one of my own! haha
Thanks for coming to my site to say hello, its so great to hear from you!
The Conrads are the same Conrads,Im pretty sure- they've all lived there forever. Rae-Lee was my best friend Becky's mom and my mom's visiting teaching partner! They have a great family. I can't wait to have a minute to go google-earth the area, I forgot I could do that!! One of these days when we are there, we'll be sure to come look you up!

Jaquilyn Shumate said...

Im cool with being the Achilles heel. Since in greek mythology, Achilles was a Trojan war hero. ;) Good job Matt, I really like the design!

Cindy said...

glad to see you have joined the blogging world. We didn't move far away just down the road so you'll still see me running pushing the jogger stroller. Good luck on the race next weekend. SOunds like a fun family tradition. I always see Matt out running in the evening. Are you still running lots and how about that 1/2 marathon have you done one yet?

Gina said...

I ran my first 10K last month. My time was 1:02:30. The S2N race will be my first 12K, and it's a tough course, I've heard. So we'll see how that goes. Matt will be running the Lake Chelan marathon in September. I could possible do the 1/2 marathon there, but really, what's the hurry?