Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy Father's Day, Dad

I know this is a couple of days late, but I just wanted to take a moment and tell you what a wonderful husband and father Matt is. He is really good at making Mom (me) happy by helping around the house, helping with the kids, and not only allowing me to treat myself to simple luxuries at times, but encourages me to do so. He loves his little girls! Words cannot describe how wonderful of a father he is, but I will try anyways. He is really good about taking all of the girls out so that I can have a break or get something done. He also spends time with them individually. Reagan loves going golfing with Dad, or to the bookstore to pick out a new book or two. Kelsey wants to be just like her dad "because he's so smart," and she loves going to the mall with him and resting with him on Sunday afternoons. Gwyn gets so excited when she sees her dad! She learned how to say "daddy" a long time before she could ever say "mommy" and she follows "daddy" with the biggest smile and runs to gives him a big hug. It's so cute! She also loves that Dad is so much fun to play with. I don't know how I got so lucky.  I could not ask for a better father for my children. Thanks Matt, I love you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a real winner there! I'm happy for you and your family. I love being a dad! It's very rewarding.

Tiffany & Doug Tilton +5 said...

Matt is a cool dad! What a great description of him with the kids! Wouldnt it be great if we could just bottle their reactions and feelings toward dad and mom now and pull it out in 10 years when they are teens to remind them how much they adored us! I reminded Doug about the pink polish- He he kinda funny. What they do for their girls! Love you pics! Tiff

Honor said...

yeah for the blogging! It's really addicting so watch out. It's nice to get to see what our friends do in their "everyday" lives.

happy blogging!!!

Anonymous said...

Im so happy for you guys!! Its always so great to hear people who love their children, and their spouses..its truly heartwarming :)

matt said...

Sexy. You forgot sexy. It couldn't have been that tough to copy and paste all of the text I wrote for you.

In all seriousness, that was very sweet. Thank you.

Jaquilyn Shumate said...

That is so sweet Gina. You and Matt are both lucky, because you are both so wonderful! And so are your kids!

Danna said...

How sweet. I have noticed how much the girls love their daddy. Sounds like you guys had a fun race day, minus you being sick of course. The pictures from the paper were cute!