Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Colonies



Matt's brother, Travis is in a band called "Colonies." Maybe you've heard of them? Last month they went on a mini-tour, with a show in Spokane on the 16th. We took the girls to the show, since they love their Uncle Travis so much and the opportunity to see him to perform is rare for them and me. Matt usually goes when they have shows in Seattle or Tacoma when we are in town. It was cool to watch and hear their songs. The band, and Travis's wife Jaqui, stayed at our house Thursday and Friday night before going on to their last show in Rexburg, ID on Saturday. For a band of all guys, I would have to say that we enjoyed having them, and not because they moved our piano for us (thanks guys), but because they were very polite and respectful. (I hope that doesn't ruin their image any.) This is a picture of them with the girls when they left, early Saturday morning. Travis is the one holding Gwyn. You can check out Colonies on the link in my list of friends. 


3 comments:

THE BULLOCK FAMILY said...

Hey Gina!! How are you? I am glad you have a blog now. We can keep in touch better. I have some links to some really cute templates if you want one for your blogs. I will add you to my blogger friends when I get that back on my blog.
Nicole
http://www.leeloublogs.blogspot.com/ or http://www.pyzam.com/bloggertemplates or http://www.cutestblogontheblock.blogspot.com/

Jaquilyn Shumate said...

We had so much fun with you guys! Thanks for letting us crash. We love you!

Anonymous said...

Im likin' the Colonies! I'll have to see if I can find them on projectplaylist and add them to my blog's playlist.
By the way, I went to Broadway Elem. as a kid, all the way thru to 6th grade. My dad was a janitor (I know, sweet) at U-High and my brothers went to Mountain View Junior High. I don't think there's such a thing now but I was in the Spokane 10th ward with the Bunnell's and the Conrads (just droppin' names in case you might know them and you probably don't) AND the building we met in is still in the same parking lot as the Spokane temple. We started going there when it was so brand new that the whole building stunk of fresh paint and carpeting. Ummm..if you don't know who I am..read my comment in the post just under this one..I know, mysterious...heh heh