Sunday, June 1, 2008

First post ever!!

Well,  here it is. The first post of our blog. I hope it's the first of many. I think I am already hooked on blogging, but only time will tell. Since I just started this blog, I have some pictures and events to share from awhile ago, to kind of get you up to speed. This first picture is of Reagan. She's been growing her hair out since kindergarten (Sept 2005), when she cut it to her shoulders. Last summer, Kelsey cut her hair pretty short. Eventually Reagan wanted to cut her hair too, but not until it was long enough to donate to Locks of Love. She has always wanted to help kids in need. She used to put change in the umbrellas at Wal-mart because it was for kids in need. Anyways, we figured it would be long enough by her 8th birthday in February. We did some research and found out that Great Clips will cut your hair for free if you donate it to Locks of Love. So, on April 12th we went to Great Clips to get her hair cut. The lady who cut her hair was like, "Are you sure you want to cut your hair? She definitely was. She got 10 inches cut off! We are so proud of her! Here are the before, during, and after pictures.





5 comments:

skye said...

Yeah, Reagan! I think it's so awesome when girls are willing to do this. The daughter of a friend in my ward just had her hair cut for Locks of Love, too. What a great way to help out others!

Anonymous said...

That definitely gives her a whole new look! Wow... Cute!
-Timmy

*Marie* said...

What a great thing for her to do. And the new haircut looks great on her!

Roderick family said...

We love Reagan's new do too! And hats off to her for making such a commendable decision!!

Greg & Jen said...

That is great. I have donated to locks of love three times myself. My most recent was this past December. I think it is a great program that benefits the children who are in need of wigs. What a kind hearted girl...