Friday, December 5, 2008

Kelsey update

Here's an update on how Kelsey is doing. We checked her blood yesterday and it went up a whopping 1,000. What? It went from 12,000 to 13,000 in 10 days. The ultimate goal here is 150,000, so it's not moving up as quickly as we would like. However, it's not going down, so that's a good thing. Thanks for all your prayers and comments. I read them to Kelsey and she got all teary eyed. I would start reading one and she would say, "Oh no... tears." Then I would read another one and she'd say, "Oh no... tears again." It was cute. 

To answer some of your questions, it hasn't been too scary of an experience so far. Kelsey feels and acts fine and her bruises don't hurt any worse than a regular bruise. Her platelets are supposed to come back on their own and she'll be back to normal. I am a little worried now that they are not coming back as fast. I'm afraid that they might have went up more and now they're coming down again. But we'll know more in a couple of weeks when we check her blood again. So thanks for all your prayers. We want her to get better soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a sweet sweet girl! Well we are definitely keeping her in our prayers because you really can never be too safe. Thanks for the update

Poirier Family said...

Gina- I just got up to date on your blog! How scary. I will keep your family in my prayers and hope that Kelsey recovers quickly.

Stacey

Holly said...

Thanks for the update. I've been wondering about her. I'm sending positive thoughts your way Kelsey!

Greg & Jen said...

I'm glad that Kelsey is getting better even if it is slowly... I'm glad that it hasn't affected her too adversly. She will continue to be in our prayers.