Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Cookie decorating



Every year I make holiday cookies for the girls to decorate. The last couple of years I've done Halloween cookies and this year I did Christmas cookies. I let them invite a couple of friends over to help them. They like decorating them almost as much as they like eating them. 

Does anyone have a good sugar cookie recipe? Matt likes them to be soft and chewy and for some reason the ones I make are always crunchy, even if I take them out a little early. 

2 comments:

Katie Fox said...

This is the recipe that I use and they are alway soft.

2 cp sugar
1cp shortening
3 eggs
1 cp milk
5 cp flour
1 tsp salt
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp lemon flavoring 3 tsp vanilla

cream shortening and sugar. add eggs, milk, salt, baking powder, lemon and vanilla. Mix well add flour and knead well. roll out and cut with cookie cutters bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 min.

I think when I make this I cut back on the flour, so I would slowly add so not to make it to dry. Also when you roll it out, don't make it to thin I usually leave it at 1/2 or more. I like them really soft and thick.
Good luck

Alan and Stella said...

what a good mom! I was glad when you came into the family and I could give you all my cookie cutters and never have to make cut out cookies again. You are so very patient. Are you going to make a gingerbread house again this year?