Sunday, August 10, 2008

No church today

This is a first for most everyone I know, so I thought I would blog it, since it's so unusual. Church was cancelled today for all the wards in our stake. This is because many of the YW that went to girls camp last week got the flu. There were also two wards, not ours, that had boy scout camp last week and many of them got the same flu. They are saying it's the Norovirus that is highly contagious and people that get it are sick for a few days. Anyone exposed to this virus are somewhat quarantined to their homes and are not supposed to go anywhere for 72 hours. One girl in our ward who got sick didn't even go home after camp. She's staying with another family who are all already sick with the virus. I heard that at girls camp, they had a huge tarp and there was like 20 girls puking in buckets. Sorry, I know that's gross. Those poor girls and leaders. I hope everyone will be feeling better soon, and I hope it doesn't come to our family. 

2 comments:

BLUEYEDBOYS said...

Uh yeah that is gross! Reminds me of "Stand By Me." Hope you guys stay healthy!

Anonymous said...

That reminds me of the scene in Goonies where Chunk is talking about how he fake puked over the balcony and then the whole audience was puking all over each other..
Thats really sad tho to tell you the truth. Especially when you think of all the time and prep. that goes into planning a girl's camp and how excited the girls are to be there (at least most of them) and to have it end like that- what a bummer. I'd rather be sick with just about anything and thats what I was cleaning up..all night last night..my 3 year old's..stuff.