Thursday, February 19, 2009

Gwyn update

When Gwyn was a baby, the first thing people would notice was her eyes. 

Gwyn turned 2 in December and refuses to stay a baby. I had to take her high chair downstairs in the beginning of January because she would not sit in it. She insisted on sitting in the big chairs. Then she insisted on getting potty trained. She started this shortly after Christmas and it was the easiest potty training I've ever done. The hardest part was when she would wipe and flush at least 3 times everytime she went to the bathroom. Sometimes she would go every 5 minutes. We went through a lot of toilet paper. She's been completely diaper free for over a month, except at night. I bought a big pack of diapers at the end of December so we've been using those at night. 
Finally, a couple of weeks ago I took down her crib. Here's a few pictures of her in her new bed. She loves it and does great at not getting out of it at bed time. 


I love the way she talks now. It's so nice being able to understand what she says. One of the things I like the most is when I ask her something and she'll say, "No! I already did it." It's really cute, she says it so seriously. I just can't believe that that's my baby saying those things! The other day she kept saying "icky house" over and over. I had no idea what she meant. Then she handed me the remote control and I said, "Mickey Mouse?" and she said, "yes!" I didn't even know she knew who Mickey Mouse was. Matt had been showing her some Mickey Mouse on demand stuff to get her ready for Disneyland. I had no idea!

3 comments:

Katie Fox said...

she does have such pretty eyes. Is she really that old, is doesn't seem like that long ago that you had her, jeez where does the time go.

Holly said...

GREAT pictures. Your girls really are getting old. The first person I met out of your family was Kelsey. My and Jon's calling was in nursery and that's where we met barely three, calm and collected Kelsey with the cutest cheeks ever. Now she's looking like quite the little lady. Really...I'm with Katie, where does the time go?

Greg & Jen said...

I think that the babies always want to be more grown up. William wants to be just like Nicholas. He tries so hard to do the things that he does even though he is only going to be 2.

You have beautiful girls...but you already know that. Matt takes some great pictures.

I'm glad Kelsey is better.